As outlined in the EYFS Framework (September 2014) I am restricted to the number and ages of children that I can care for at any one time. I am happy to take on any baby/child within my allowed numbers and will not discriminate against children or their families for reasons such as race, religion, sex or ability.
However I would like to make the following statements:
- I can drop off/collect children from St Luke's School, Canary Wharf College Glenworth only and therefore I am unable to collect children from any other school/nursery.
- I am happy to take on children with special needs providing I feel I can provide them with the care they need. If your child has additional needs please discuss them with me first as I would not want to raise your expectations.
- I am permitted to care for children aged 8 years and over, providing the care I provide for them doesn’t impact on the care for the children I am registered to care for. I am happy to mind children aged 8 years and over and will provide them with age appropriate resources and a quiet area for studying if required. I do expect them to be an excellent role model for the other children in my care, being polite, saying please and thank you etc. I would never ask an older child to care or look after another minded child. I am fully responsible for all the children whilst they are in my care.
Our admission procedure :
- You become interested in our setting. Then you contact me to talk and/or arrange the visit. During the visit you can ask any questions and request any relevant information and viewing (for example, toys, craft materials, nap area etc.). Important - all visits will take place when no children are in setting due to our Safety rules and procedures.
- You decide that you want your child to attend our setting. We discuss availability of dates and times and if we have places available then we carry on with contract. If no places are available you child can be placed to our Waiting list.
- We sign the contract where all the details are described. You are provided with the full pack of required documents and forms.
- Before you child starts attending our care it is extremely important for his/her well-being and successul settling in as well as your emotional state to ensure that we have made everything to know your child as best as we can and ensure that he feels safe and happy in our setting. I will ask you to fill the "My unique child" form where you provide all the relevant information about your child's likes and dislikes, personality, favourite games, food and other useful information. Then we discuss the settling in period that usually takes 1-2 weeks. Do not worry if this period is longer than expected, some children are more sensitive than other and need more time to separate from you. We use different techniques to help your child to settle in, you can find them in the "Easy settling in" booklet provided together with your contract and you can also download it from our web-site.
Did you know that you might qualify for Tax Credits? You could be entitled to help with the cost of your childcare.
Also remember that as a registered childminder I can accept the Childcare vouchers.
Fees for the full time Monday to Friday (8.00 am 6.00 pm) :
- Daily rate : £60, at least 3 days a week
- Weekly rate : £275
Fees for the part-time Monday to Friday (8.00 am - 13.00 pm or 13.00 pm 6.00 pm) :
- Daily rate : £40, at least 3 days a week
- Weekly rate : £180
£8 per hour for school/nursery drop offs and pick ups.
Please, be aware that a minimum of £40 is charged for a part-time session and a minimum of 5 hours (at least £40) if the care falls over the middle of the day (i.e. 10 am to 2 pm).
Weekend and extended-hours care available for £8 per hour. The higher rate of £10 per hour is for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and also for hours after 20.00 and before 8.00.
If you are late to collect your child on time you will be charged £8 per hour. The time will be rounded to the maximum after each 15 minutes of each hour (i.e. if you late on 20 minutes you pay for one hour and if you are late 1.20 minutes you pay for two hours).
When signing the contract £100 deposit fee is required. Deposit is refundable after the end of contract. The deposit is non-refundable if the contract is breached by client.
REMEMBER : I also keep the right to restrict my services if you are late with your advanced payment (please see my Late Payments Policy).